Muslims and the state in Britain, France, and Germany /
"This book analyzes state accommodation of Muslims' religious practices in Britain, France, and Germany, first examining three major theories: resource mobilization, political-opportunity structure, and ideology. It then proposes an additional explanation, arguing that each nation's a...
Cambridge [England] ; New York, N.Y. :
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge studies in social theory, religion, and politics.
Table of Contents:
- Explaining the accommodation of Muslim religious practices in Western Europe
- Britain : establishment religion and Islamic schools
- France : laïcité and the ḥijāb
- Germany : multiple establishment and public corporation status
- Public attitudes toward state accommodation of Muslims' religious practices
- Integration and Muslim practice.