The Renaissance Hamlet : issues and responses in 1600 /
Drawing on recent advances in historical knowledge, the author describes contemporary attitudes toward issues such as rebellion, conscience, regicide, incest, retribution, and mourning. His investigation reveals a number of convincing new reasons for viewing Hamlet not as an irresolute young man but...
Princeton, N.J. :
Princeton University Press,
|Series:||Princeton legacy library
- ONE. The Form and Pressure of the Time
- TWO. Problems, Challenges, and Ambiguities
- THREE. The Court and the Prince
- FOUR. Choosing Sides
- FIVE. The Deliberate Prince
- SIX. The Prince amid the Tombs
- SEVEN. Finale
- General Index.