Empowering science and mathematics education in urban schools /
Effective maths and science education is not equally available to all students, with some of the poorest students - those who would benefit most - going egregiously underserved. This ongoing problem with education highlights one of the core causes of the widening class gap. While this educational in...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Chicago ; London :
The University of Chicago Press,
Table of Contents:
- Changing the discourse on equity and math and science for all
- Empowering teaching and learning in math and science education
- Critical mathematical agency in the overcrowding at Francis Middle School project
- A narrative pedagogy for critical science literacy
- Becoming an expert: critical engagement with science and the community
- Community spaces as a part of hybrid math learning spaces: integrating multiple funds of knowledge
- Hybrid spaces for empowering learning in math and science.