The emotional self : a sociocultural exploration.
In this original study into the nature of the emotional self Lupton places strong emphasis on language and discourse while acknowledging the sensual, embodied and unconscious dimensions of emotional experience.
London ; Thousand Oaks :
Table of Contents:
- 1. Thinking Through Emotion: Theoretical Perspectives
- 2. Recounting Emotion: Everyday Discourses
- 3. Emotions, Bodies, Selves
- 4. The 'Emotional Woman' and the 'Unemotional Man'
- 5. Emotions, Things and Places
- App. Sociodemographic Details of the Interview Study Participants.