Twenty-first century ecosystems : managing the living world two centuries after Darwin : report of a symposium /
"In honor of Darwin's birthday, the National Research Council appointed a committee under the auspices of the U.S. National Committee (USNC) for DIVERSITAS to plan a Symposium on Twenty-first Century Ecosystems. The purpose of the symposium was to capture some of the current excitement and...
Washington, D.C. :
National Academies Press,
- Eight themes for managing the living world. Learning what we have
- Learning how ecosystems are working and changing
- Saving what we can
- Managing ecosystems as complex adaptive systems
- Increasing capacity to inform policy through integrated science
- Increasing societal capacity to manage and adapt to environmental change
- Strengthening international institutions and U.S. engagement and leadership
- Accounting for the value of nature.