Media, gender, and popular culture in India : tracking change and continuity /
In contemporary India, as one side of the coin celebrates traditional stereotypes, the other side subverts the same image, sometimes subtly, but often radically. The push and pulls of these factors are changing the cultural landscape of India decisively. This volume critiques media representations o...
New Delhi, India ; Thousand Oaks, Calif. :
- Indian media in transition : recent past and present
- Filming change, securing tradition : a Hobson's choice or a dynamic duality
- Television : images and the imaginary
- Advertising : encoding seduction
- Print media and popular culture : agents with a difference
- Conclusion: media responsibility : the winding road ahead
- About the authors.