Honour is in contentment : life before oil in Ras al-Khaimah (UAE) and some neighbouring regions /
Based on interviews and field research, the authors explore the sets of ideas Arab tribespeople from Ras Al-Khaimah had about tribe and community; social and economic networks, and jural contracts for livelihoods and profits; their uses of their environments; the moral relations of credit, debt and...
Berlin ; Boston :
|Series:||Studien zur Geschichte und Kultur des islamischen Orients (2004) ;
n.F., Bd. 25. |
- Social matters : infrastructure, premises & practices
- Sea people, Ahl al-Bahr : livelihoods and profits
- Coastal plains & sands : livelihoods & profits
- Mountain living : Ru'us al-Jibal
- Mountain living : western Hajar
- Distribution of produce & services
- Ruling and rulers
- What happened to turn our world upside-down?
- Back to history.