Model interstate water compact /
The proposed model water compact, drafted by lawyers and scientists from across the U.S. and documented here, will assist state agencies in alleviating resource disputes and avoiding litigation for years to come.
University of New Mexico Press,
- Front Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Contents; Introduction; Preamble; Preamble Commentary; ARTICLE I: Compact Purposes, Water Subject to Compact, and Signatory Parties; Article I Commentary; ARTICLE II: Effective Date and Duration of Compact; Article II Commentary; ARTICLE III: Definitions; Article III Commentary; ARTICLE IV: The Utton River Basin Commission; Article IV Commentary; ARTICLE V: Interstate Water Apportionments; Article V Commentary; ARTICLE VI: Water Quality Protection Program; Article VI Commentary; ARTICLE VII: Water Resources Management Program; Article VII Commentary
- ARTICLE VIII: Enforcement of Compact Obligations and Resolution of Other DisputesArticle VIII Commentary; ARTICLE IX: Interagency Coordination and Public Participation; Article IX Commentary; ARTICLE X: Budgeting and Funding; Article X Commentary; ARTICLE XI: Relationship of Compact to Existing Law; Article XI Commentary; Appendix A: Advisory Committee; Appendix B: Interstate Compacts; B-1: Alabama-Coosa-Tallapoosa River Basin Compact; B-2: Animas-La Plata Project Compact; B-3: Apalachicola-Chattahoochee-Flint River Basin Compact; B-4: Arkansas River Basin Compact of 1965
- B-5: Arkansas River Basin Compact of 1970B-6: Arkansas River Compact of 1949; B-7: Bear River Compact; B-8: Belle Fourche River Compact; B-9: Canadian River Compact; B-10: Chesapeake Bay Commission Agreement; B-11: Colorado River Compact; B-12: Connecticut River Flood Control Compact; B-13: Costilla Creek Compact (Amended); B-14: Delaware River Basin Compact; B-15: Great Lakes Basin Compact; B-16: Jennings Randolph Lake Project Compact; B-17: Kansas-Nebraska Big Blue River Compact; B-18: Klamath River Basin Compact; B-19: La Plata River Compact; B-20: Merrimack River Flood Control Compact
- B-21: New England Interstate Water Pollution Control CompactB-22: New Hampshire-Vermont Interstate Sewage and Waste Disposal Facilities Compact; B-23: Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Compact; B-24: Pecos River Compact; B-25: Potomac River Basin Interstate Compact; B-26: Red River Compact; B-27: Red River of the North Compact; B-28: Republican River Compact; B-29: Rio Grande Compact; B-30: Sabine River Compact; B-31: Snake River Compact; B-32: South Platte River Compact; B-33: Susquehanna River Basin Compact; B-34: Tennessee River Basin Water Pollution Control Compact
- B-35: Thames River Valley Flood Control CompactB-36: Tri-State [Sanitation] Compact; B-37: Upper Colorado River Basin Compact; B-38: Upper Niobrara River Compact; B-39: Wabash Valley Compact; B-40: Wheeling Creek Watershed Protection and Flood Prevention District Compact; B-41: Yellowstone River Compact; Index; Back Cover