Ethics and religion in a pluralistic age : collected essays /
"This important work explores the distinctiveness of Christian ethics, particularly through its interconnections with doctrine and the wider history of religions." "Brian Hebblethwaite shows how the distinctiveness of Christian ethics can only be understood and appreciated against thi...
T & T Clark,
- Mystery and humanity
- Can moral beliefs be true or false?
- Butler on conscience and virtue
- The varieties of goodness
- Divine and human goodness
- Does the doctrine of the atonement make moral sense?
- The Jewishness of Jesus
- A critique of Don Cupitt's Christian Buddhism
- John Hick and the question of truth in religion
- The problem of evil as a practical problem
- Individual or society?
- Religious resources for the overcoming of evil.