Beyond the galaxy : how humanity looked beyond our milky way and discovered the entire universe /
"A look up at the night sky reveals a treasury of wonders. Even to the naked eye, the Moon, stars, planets, the Milky Way and even a few star clusters and nebulae illuminate the heavens. For millennia, humans struggled to make sense of what's out there in the Universe, from all we can see...
Hackensack, New Jersey :
- So far, so good: the universe at the start of the 20th century
- A relatively different story: how Einstein's relativity revolutionized space, time and the universe
- Beyond the Milky Way: a giant leap into an expanding universe
- The great leap backwards: theories on where it all came from
- An elementary story: how the stars gave life to the universe
- All the way back: it started with a bang
- What does it matter: why there is more matter than antimatter in the universe
- Before the big bang: how the entire universe began
- Dancing in the dark: dark matter and the great cosmic web
- The ultimate end: dark energy and the fate of the universe
- Past, present and future: all we know about all there is.