Authentically African : arts and the transnational politics of Congolese culture /
"Together the Royal Museum for Central Africa in Tervuren, Belgium and the Institut des Musées Nationaux du Zaïre (INMZ) in the Congo have defined and marketed Congolese art and culture. In Authentically African, Sarah Van Beurden traces the relationship between the possession, definition, and...
Athens, Ohio :
Ohio University Press,
|Series:||New African histories series.
- Congolese history and the politics of culture
- The value of culture : Congolese art and Belgian colonialism
- Guardians of heritage : a politique esthétique and the museum as a "laboratory of native policy"
- The art of (re)possession : heritage and the cultural politics of Congo's decolonization
- Mobutu's museum : authenticity and guardianship
- Civilizing citizens? : Museums as brokers of postcolonial Zairian modernity
- Belgian patrimony, Zairian treasure, and American heritage : the transnational politics of Congolese art
- Colonial and postcolonial legacies.