Science teachers' learning : enhancing opportunities, creating supportive contexts /
Currently, many states are adopting the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) or are revising their own state standards in ways that reflect the NGSS. For students and schools, the implementation of any science standards rests with teachers. For those teachers, an evolving understanding about how...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Washington, DC :
The National Academies Press,
- A new vision of science teaching and learning
- The current status of science instruction
- The K-12 science teaching workforce
- Science teachers' learning needs
- Professional development programs
- Teacher learning in schools and classrooms
- Creating a supportive context for teacher learning
- Conclusions, recommendations, and directions for research
- Appendix: Biographical sketches of committee members and staff.