Religion and society in the 21st century /
This volume focuses on religion from a trans-cultural perspective. Its aim is to suggest new ways of seeing how religions might coexist peacefully within different societies of the 21st century. Can secular culture be the path to convince different religions to endorse a shared ideal of peaceful co-...
- Preamble: the reference to God as a stimulus for freedom / Annette Schavan
- Introduction / Joachim Küpper
- The religious between self-referential religious communication, communication on religion, and sacralization / Volkhard Krech
- Pluralism, liberalism and constitutional patriotism: a normative theory from the Indian constitution / Chakravarthi Ram-Prasad
- The formation of the nation-state, religious pluralism, and the public sphere in Brazil / Paula Montero
- The midwife of the handmaid? Religion in political advertising in Nigeria / Asonzeh Ukah
- Sacrificial space: the Hebrew imagination "comes home" / Sidra DeKoven Ezrahi
- Religion under liberal-secular governance: dialoguing with Muslims in Germany / Schirin Amir-Moazami
- Concepts of religion and their political implications / Martin Riesebrodt.