Sex education : attitude of adolescents, cultural differences and schools' challenges /
This is a contemporary book that addresses global issues in adolescent sexuality education. With chapters from international experts in sexuality, this book provides comprehensive coverage of issues including effective sexuality education, abstinence programs, and risk prevention efforts, drawing on...
Hauppauge, New York :
Nova Science Publishers, Incorporated,
|Series:||Education in a competitive and globalizing world series.
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: Section I Approaches to Sexual Education of Adolescents
- ch. 1 Considering Source, Timing and Content in Developmentally Appropriate Sex Education / Cheryl L. Somers
- ch. 2 Challenges in Adapting and Implementing Evidence-Based Sex Education Programs to Local Contexts / Mary A. Ott
- ch. 3 Abstinence Education in Context: History, Evidence, Premises and Comparison to Comprehensive Sexuality Education / Thomas Lickona
- Section II Diversity Concerns in Sexuality Education
- ch. 4 Gender and Cultural Differences: Implications for Sexual Education and STI/HIV Prevention in Adolescents / M. P. Bermudez
- ch. 5 Challenges and Progress in Holistic Sexuality Education of Teenagers in Finland / Osmo Kontula
- ch. 6 How Do Parents View the Sexuality of Their Adolescents with High-Functioning Autism in Greece? The Impact of Culture / Vlastaris Tsakiris
- Section III The Intersection of Technology and Sexuality in Adolescence
- Note continued: ch. 7 Preventing Technology-Initiated Sexual Victimization of Youth: A Developmental Perspective / Cindy Miller-Perrin
- ch. 8 Sexting: Implications and Strategies for School Professionals / Estefania Riveros
- ch. 9 Gender Differences in the Patterns and Psychosocial Correlates of Hong Kong Chinese Adolescents' Exposure to Sexually Explicit Online Materials: Implications for Sex Education in the Chinese Context / Siu-Mee Iu Kan
- Section IV Preparing Teachers and Sex Educators
- ch. 10 Sex Education in South Australia: The Perspectives of Pre-Service Teachers / Poulomee Datta
- ch. 11 Gender Expansive and Sexual Minority Inclusive Curricula: A Guide for Educators / Whitney W. Black.