Henry Vaughan : the unfolding vision /
Combining historical scholarship and intertextual criticism, this study reassesses Henry Vaughan's entire literary career with particular reference to his relationship to George Herbert. Originally published in 1982. The Princeton Legacy Library uses the latest print-on-demand technology to aga...
Princeton, New Jersey :
Princeton University Press,
|Series:||Princeton legacy library
- CHAPTER ONE. Vaughan In and Out of "the Shade of His Owne Bayes": Poems 1646
- CHAPTER TWO. Olor Iscanus and the Disenchanted Muse
- CHAPTER THREE. Serious Play in Brecknock: Cavalier Fellowship and the Transmigration of Wit
- CHAPTER FOUR. Eminent Measure: The Poetics of Conversion
- CHAPTER FIVE. Making the Purchase Spread
- CHAPTER SIX. Spitting out the Phlegm: The Conflict of Voices in Silex Scintillans
- CHAPTER SEVEN. "The Night" and Vaughan's "Late and Dusky" Age
- CHAPTER EIGHT. Thalia Rediviva: Looking Backward and Forward
- Index of Vaughan's Works
- General Index.