Livable cities of the future : proceedings of a symposium honoring the legacy of George Bugliarello /
"At the beginning of the 20th century an estimated five percent of the world's population lived in cities. Today, half the world's population is urbanized. Urban sustainability is multifaceted and encompasses security, economics, environment and resources, health, and quality of life....
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Washington, D.C. :
National Academies Press,
- The legacy of George Bugliarello : a review of his vision and contributions
- Keynote speech
- Legacy of George Bugliarello
- Infrastructure renewal : water, energy, and transportation
- Luncheon speech
- Sustainability, information technology, and environment
- Challenges : the way forward.