Introduction to Banach spaces and algebras /
Banach spaces and algebras are a key topic of pure mathematics. Graham Allan's careful and detailed introductory account will prove essential reading for anyone wishing to specialise in functional analysis and is aimed at final year undergraduates or masters level students. Based on the author&...
Oxford University Press,
|Series:||Oxford graduate texts in mathematics ;
- pt. I. Introduction to Banach spaces. 1. Preliminaries
- 2. Elements of normed spaces
- 3. Banach spaces
- pt. II. Introduction to Banach algebras. 4. Banach algebras
- 5. Representation theory
- 6. Algebras with an involution
- 7. The Borel functional calculus
- pt. III. Several complex variables and Banach algebras. 8. Introduction to several complex variables
- 9. The holomorphic functional calculus in several variables.