Engaged scholarship : the politics of engagement and disengagement /
This volume brings together diverse theoretical reflections and practices of community engaged scholarship in order to stimulate critical discussion, deepen theory, and invite critical practice. It is an international trend that higher education institutions and agencies are encouraging and promotin...
|Series:||Comparative and international education (Sense Publishers) ;
v. 26. |
- Introduction / Tania Kajner, Lynette Shultz
- Beyond the Binary / Tania Kajner
- Between Engagement and Citizenship / Su-ming Khoo
- Engaged Scholarship in a Time of the Corporatization of the University and Distrust of the Public Sphere / Lynette Shultz
- Engaging Africanist Philosophies and Epistemologies in Education for Social Development / Ali A. Abdi
- 'The Stranger' in CSL Pedagogy and Research / Sara Dorow, Ruth Wolfe, Alison Taylor, Leah Trueblood, Meaghan Goebel
- Little Stories of Social Justice / Fay Fletcher
- Social Learning and Deliberative Democracy / Rhonda Barraclough
- Deliberative Democracy, a Collaborative Action Oriented Learning Process for a More Sustainable Future / Janette Hartz-Karp, Laura Stocker
- Shifting Development Education and University Engagement / Catherine A. Odora Hoppers
- Digital Youth, Arab Revolution and the Challenge of Education and Work / Linda Herrera, Peter Mayo
- The Mediatization of Democracy, and the Specter of Critical Media Engagement / Paul R. Carr.