Cannabis : evolution and ethnobotany /
"'Cannabis: evolution and ethnobotany' is a comprehensive, interdisciplinary exploration of the natural origins and early evolution of this famous plant, highlighting its historic role in the development of human societies. Cannabis has long been prized for the strong and durable fibe...
University of California Press,
- Introduction to the multipurpose plant Cannabis
- Natural origins and early evolution of Cannabis
- Ethnobotanical origins, early cultivation, and evolution through human selection
- The cultural diffusion of Cannabis
- History of Cannabis use for fiber
- Food, feed, and oil uses of hemp
- Historical aspects of psychoactive Cannabis use for ritual and recreation
- Ethnobotanical history and contemporary context of medicinal Cannabis
- Nonpsychoactive ritual uses of Cannabis
- Recent history of Cannabis breeding
- Classical and molecular taxonomy of Cannabis
- Hypotheses concerning the early evolution of Cannabis
- Cannabis and Homo sapiens.