Twentieth-century American art /
Offers an overview of twentieth-century American art, exploring the relationships between American art, museums, and audiences in the era.
Oxford University Press,
|Series:||Oxford history of art.
- The gilded age
- Early American modernism: the art of everyday life
- Avant-garde art and experimentation
- Modernism and the interwar years
- A new deal for the arts: the Great Depression
- Abstract expressionism
- Neo-Dada and pop art
- Minimalism and conceptual art
- Feminist art and black art
- Culture wars: the 1980s
- Contemporary art.