Behaviour management in the classroom : a transactional analysis approach /
Ask any trainee teacher, or indeed experienced teacher, which aspect of teaching concerns them most and they will probably say ""getting pupils to behave."" This book looks at the relationships between teachers and pupils in the classroom. It explores ways of using the ideas in T...
Table of Contents:
- 1. What is transactional analysis?
- Introduction to transactional analysis
- Philosophical assumptions in TA
- Life positions
- 2. Developing relationships in the classroom
- Moving individual pupils to the OK position
- Moving groups of pupils to the OK position
- Role modelling
- Ego States
- 3. Structuring the lesson
- Time structuring
- The start of the lesson
- The middle of the lesson
- The end of the lesson
- 4. Maintaining relationships in the classroom
- Life scripts
- Winners and losers
- 5. Staying OK
- How teachers can stay OK.