Driving action and progress on obesity prevention and treatment : proceedings of a workshop /
After decades of increases in the obesity rate among U.S. adults and children, the rate recently has dropped among some populations, particularly young children. What are the factors responsible for these changes? How can promising trends be accelerated? What else needs to be known to end the epidem...
|Format:||Conference Proceeding eBook|
Washington, DC :
National Academies Press,
|Series:||Online access: NCBI NCBI Bookshelf.
Online access: National Academy of Sciences National Academies Press.
Table of Contents:
- Obesity trends and workshop overview
- Two decades of obesity prevention and treatment
- Early care and education
- Physical activity
- Treatment challenges
- Roles of the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- The roles of foundations
- Appendix A. Workshop agenda
- Appendix B. Acronyms and abbreviations
- Appendix C. Speaker and facilitator biographies.