Is it OK to laugh about it? : holocaust humour, satire and parody in Israeli culture /
For many years, Israeli culture recoiled from dealing with the Holocaust from a humorous or satirical perspective. The perception was that a humorous approach might threaten the sanctity of its memory, or evoke feelings of disrespect towards the subject and hurt Holocaust survivors'feelings. Bu...
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: pt. 1 Introduction
- 1. Jewish and Israeli Humour
- 2. Holocaust Humour: From Taboo to Debate in the Western World
- 3. Holocaust Awareness and Holocaust Humour in Israel
- pt. 2 Holocaust Humour, Satire and Parody in Israeli Culture
- 4. Laughter through Pain: the Intergenerational Transmission of the Holocaust
- 5. Black Humour in Alternative Holocaust Remembrance Day Ceremonies in Israel
- 6. Satirizing the Instrumentalization and Commercialization of the Holocaust
- 7. Holocaust Satire and Parody as Political and Social Protest
- 8. Holocaust Humour from the Perspective of the Ethnic Conflict
- 9. Downfall of the Fuhrer: Lampooning Hitler's Image
- 10. Holocaust Jokes in Contemporary Israeli Websites: Characters and Developments.