Trends in special Medicare payments and service utilization for rural areas in the 1990s /
This report analyzes special payments that Medicare has been making to rural providers. These special payments are intended to support the rural health care infrastructure to help ensure access to care for Medicare beneficiaries. The research provides a comprehensive overview of these payments, incl...
|Corporate Authors:||, ,|
|Other Authors:||, , , , , ,|
Santa Monica, CA :
- Methods and data
- Characteristics of U.S. metropolitan and non-metropolitan counties
- Payment trends for non-metropolitan hospitals
- Trends for rural health clinics and federally qualified health centers
- Utilization and spending for physician services
- 1990-1997 trends in AAPCC capitation rates
- Special hospital payments and part a per capita costs
- Policy implications and recommendations
- Appendix A: Special Medicare payments for rural hospitals
- Appendix B: Definitions of rurality.