A blueprint for improving the promotion and delivery of adult vaccination in the United States /
Vaccine-preventable disease continues to take a heavy toll on adults despite the widespread availability of effective vaccines. This report identifies where efforts to improve the delivery of adult vaccination have stalled and recommends targeted strategies that are supported by available evidence a...
|Main Authors:||, , ,|
Santa Monica, CA :
- Low adult vaccination rates lead to costly and avoidable illnesses
- The policy and practice environment surrounding adult vaccination is changing rapidly
- Office-based settings are a logical focus of efforts to increase adult vaccination
- Office-based health care providers are not meeting their potential in promoting adult vaccination
- Economic barriers prevent office-based adult vaccination from reaching pediatric levels
- Encouraging practice change around adult vaccination
- Conclusions and policy implications.