Extrapolating evidence of health information technology savings and costs /
In 2003, RAND Health began a broad study to better understand the role and importance of Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMR-S) in improving health and reducing healthcare costs, and to help inform government actions that could maximize EMR-S benefits and increase its use. This report provides th...
Santa Monica, CA :
- Ch. 1. Introduction
- ch. 2. Scaling up and projecting savings into the future
- ch. 3. Estimating the benefits of HIT
- ch. 4. Estimating the cost of HIT
- ch. 5. Simulation of financial incentives
- ch. 6. Conclusion and summary
- Appendix A. Taxonomies
- Appendix B.A note on transaction and administrative costs
- Appendix C. Cost of connectivity.