The truce : lessons from an L.A. gang war /
This ethnography of a gang war in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Oakwood, just blocks from the famed Venice Beach boardwalk, provides a rare eyewitness account of the urban violence pervasive in the recent history of the United States. With seventeen people killed and more than fifty injured, the h...
Ithaca, N.Y. :
Cornell University Press,
- Urban conflict in multicultural cities
- Understanding the morphology of conflict
- The geography of multiple publics in Venice
- Law enforcement policy and the Oakwood plan
- The racialization of a gang war
- Firefighters : suppression from without
- Mediators : negotiation from within
- Transforming racial conflict.