Wines of eastern North America : from Prohibition to the present--a history and desk reference /
In 1975 there were 125 wineries in eastern North America. By 2013 there were more than 2,400. How and why the eastern United States and Canada became a major wine region of the world is the subject of this history. Unlike winemakers in California with its Mediterranean climate, the pioneers who foun...
Cornell University Press,
- Prohibition and its aftermath
- Philip Wagner and the arrival of the French hybrids
- Dr. Konstantin Frank and the pro-vinifera crusade
- Vineyards and wineries before Farm Winery legislation
- Farm winery laws and their effects
- The industry develops in the 1970s
- Building the infrastructure in the 1970s
- Winery events and marketing in the 1970's
- Growing pains in the 1980s
- Winery promotion in the 1980s
- Temperance, neo-prohibition, and the French paradox
- Consolidation in the 1990s
- The new century.