The crisis of capitalist democracy /
"Following up on his timely and well-received book, A Failure of Capitalism, Richard Posner steps back to take a longer view of the continuing crisis of democratic capitalism as the American and world economies crawl gradually back from the depths to which they had fallen in the autumn of 2008...
Cambridge, Mass. :
Harvard University Press,
- Part 1. An analytic narrative of the crisis
- The calm before the storm : 2001-2006
- To the abyss : December 2007-September 2008
- The spectre of the Great Depression : October 2008-March 2009
- Bottoming out : Spring 2009-Autumn 2009
- The movement for financial regulatory reform : June-December 2009
- Depression and aftershock : 2007-?
- Part 2. What lessons have we learned from the crisis?
- The fragility of finance
- Keynes redux
- The economics of uncertainty
- The crisis of macroeconomics
- Part 3. The way forward
- Reform you can believe in
- America in a world economy.