Astrobiology, discovery, and societal impact /
The search for life in the universe, once the stuff of science fiction, is now a robust worldwide research program with a well-defined roadmap probing both scientific and societal issues. This volume examines the humanistic aspects of astrobiology, systematically discussing the approaches, critical...
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge astrobiology ;
- Introduction : when biospheres collide
- Critical issues
- Can we transcend anthropocentrism?
- Is human knowledge universal?
- How can we envision impact?
- Astroculture : transforming our worldviews
- Astroethics : interacting with alien life
- Astropolicy : preparing for discovery
- Summary and conclusions : at home in the biological (or postbiological)