Introduction to plasma physics : with space and laboratory applications /
The emphasis of this text is on basic plasma theory, with applications to both space and laboratory plasmas. All mathematical concepts beyond those normally covered in an advanced calculus course are fully explained. Topics covered include single-particle motions, kinetic theory, magnetohydrodynamic...
Cambridge University Press,
- Characteristic parameters of a plasma
- Single particle motions
- Waves in a cold plasma
- Kinetic theory and the moment equations
- Discontinuities and shock waves
- Electrostatic waves in a hot unmagnetized plasma
- Waves in a hot magnetized plasma
- Nonlinear effects
- Collisional processes.