Mastering communication with seriously ill patients : balancing honesty with empathy and hope /
Physicians who care for patients with life-threatening illnesses face daunting communication challenges. Patients and family members can react to difficult news with sadness, distress, anger, or denial. This book defines the specific communication tasks involved in talking with patients with life-th...
|Main Authors:||, ,|
Cambridge University Press,
- Taking your skills to the next level
- Getting a good start
- Talking about serious news
- Discussing evidence for making treatment decisions
- Discussing prognosis
- Between the big events
- Conducting a family conference
- Dealing with conflicts
- Transitions to end-of-life care
- Talking about dying
- Cultivating your skills.