Institutional design in post-communist societies : rebuilding the ship at sea /
The authors of this book have developed a new and stimulating approach to the analysis of the transitions of Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Slovakia to democracy and a market economy. They integrate interdisciplinary theoretical work with elaborate empirical data on some of the most chal...
|Main Authors:||, ,|
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Theories of institutional design.
- 1. Introduction: agenda, agency, and the aims of Central East European transitions
- 2. Mapping Eastern Europe
- 3. Constitutional politics in Eastern Europe
- 4. Building and consolidating democracies
- 5. Building capitalism in Eastern Europe
- 6. Social policy transformation
- 7. Consolidation and the cleavages of ideology and identity
- 8. Conclusion: the unfinished project.