Financial integration in East Asia /
Financial Integration in East Asia, first published in 1999, examines the degree of domestic and financial openness in ten Asian countries (Japan, Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand) and the effect financial openness has on the str...
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Trade and development (Cambridge, England)
- 1. Financial integration
- 2. Developments in east Asia, 1997-1998
- 3. Measures of financial integration in east Asia
- 4. Interest parity conditions as indicators of international financial integration
- 5. Domestic financial integration: a precondition for international financial integration
- 6. Financial integration and capital formation, foreign debt and the real exchange rate
- 7. Consumption and liquidity constraints: does financial integration matter?
- 8. Summary and policy considerations.