Contemporary Russian satire : a genre study /
This wide-ranging 1996 study presents an examination of the extraordinary diversity and range of satirical writing in Russian literature and will be of interest not only to Slavicists but also to those interested in genre theory. Through the close analysis of seminal satirical texts written by five...
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge studies in Russian literature.
Table of Contents:
- Iskander's transparent allegory: rabbits and boa constrictors
- Beyond picaresque: Erofeev's Moscow--Petushki
- Satire and the autobiographical mode: Limonov's it's me, Eddie
- The family chronicle revisited: Dovlatov's ours
- Dystopia redux: Voinovich and Moscow 2042.