After Gorbachev /
Dramatic and confusing changes in what used to be the Soviet Union have transformed the world in which we live. Communist rule has given way to multiparty politics; a command economy is being painfully privatised; almost every social and cultural value has been overturned; and perestroika has now be...
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||Cambridge Soviet paperbacks ;
- From Brezhnev to Gorbachev
- Democratising the political system
- 'Glasnost' and public life
- Reforming the planned economy
- The Soviet multinational state
- The Soviet Union and the wider world
- Gorbachev and the politics of perestroika
- Towards a new Russia?