Introduction to plasma physics : with space, laboratory and astrophysical applications /
Introducing basic principles of plasma physics and their applications to space, laboratory and astrophysical plasmas, this new edition provides updated material throughout. Topics covered include single-particle motions, kinetic theory, magnetohydrodynamics, small amplitude waves in hot and cold pla...
Cambridge University Press,
- Characteristic parameters of a plasma
- Single particle motions
- Waves in a cold plasma
- Kinetic theory and the moment equations
- MHD equilibria and stability
- Discontinuities and shock waves
- Electrostatic waves in a hot unmagnetized plasma
- Waves in a hot magnetized plasma
- Nonlinear effects
- Collisional processes.