Konso : MP17.
This collection of 10 documents covers a range of cultural, historical and economic information on the Konso people of southwestern Ethiopia. Time coverage of the documents largely spans from 1897, when the Konso were incorporated into the Ethiopian empire, to the early-2000s; Hallpike (2008) provid...
|Other Authors:||, , , , ,|
New Haven, Conn. :
Human Relations Area Files,
|Series:||eHRAF World Cultures. Africa.
- Concepts in wood and stone : socio-religious monuments of the Konso of southern Ethiopia / Hermann Amborn
- "Everyone can do as he wants" : economic liberalization and emergent forms of antipathy in southern Ethiopia / James Ellison
- Culture Summary, Konso ; Konso agriculture ; The Konso of Ethiopia : A study of the values of an east Cushitic people ; The principles of alliance formation between Konso towns ; The status of craftsmen among the Konso of south-west Ethiopia / C. R. Hallpike
- The Konso economy of southern Ethiopia / By Richard Kluckhohn
- The symbolic meaning of the pot on the roof : a case study of the Konso in southern Ethiopia / Toru Shinohara
- Making a living in the postsocialist periphery : struggles between farmers and traders in Konso, Ethiopia / Elizabeth E. Watson.