Fon : FA18.
This collection of 15 documents covers cultural, economic and historical information on the Fon-speaking peoples of the Kingdom of Dahomey of southern Benin, from the early sixteenth century into the mid-late twentieth century. The most comprehensive ethnographic accounts date to the colonial period...
|Other Authors:||, , , , , , , , , , , , ,|
New Haven, Conn. :
Human Relations Area Files,
|Series:||eHRAF World Cultures. Africa.
- Fon appliqued cloths / Monni Adams
- Fon of Dahomey, a history and ethnography of the Old Kingdom / by W.J. Argyle
- Belief, Legitimacy and the Kpojito, an institutional history of the 'Queen Mother' in precolonial Dahomey / By Edna G. Bay
- Art of assemblage ; Path of the leopard, motherhood and majesty in early Danhomé / By Suzanne Preston Blier
- Dahomean marriage, a revaluation / Laura Bohannan
- Dahomey, the development of a proto-state; an essay in historical reconstruction / Stanley Diamond
- Culture Summary, Fon / Douglas Falen
- An outline of Dahomean religious belief / By Melville J. Herskovits and Frances S. Herskovits
- Dahomey, an ancient West African kingdom volume 1 ; Dahomey, an ancient West African kingdom volume 2 / [by] Melville J. Herskovits
- The politics of commercial transition factional conflict in Dahomey in the context of the ending of the Atlantic slave trade / By Robin Law
- L'Ancien Royaume du Dahomey / par A. Le Hérissé
- Fon of Dahomey / By P. Mercier
- Traditional market economy in south Dahomey / by Claudine and Claude Tardits.