Highland Andean archaic : SE47.
The 13 documents in this collection discuss the highland Archaic cultures found mainly in Chile and Peru and some in Argentina and Bolivia during the time period from 11,000 B.P. to 2500 B.P. Aldenderfer and Núñez provide brief overviews of the cultures in northern Chile, Quilter and Rick look at Pe...
|Other Authors:||, , , , , , , , ,|
New Haven, Conn. :
Human Relations Area Files,
|Series:||EHRAF archaeology. South America.
- Montane foragers, Asana and the south-central Andean archaic ; The archaic period in the south-central Andes / Mark S. Aldenderfer
- Origins and development of Andean pastoralism, an overview of the past 6000 years / David L. Browman
- Early organizational diversity in the Peruvian highlands, Huaricoto and Kotosh / Richard L. Burger and Lucy Salazar-Burger
- Trace-element anaylsis of obsidian artifacts from Pachamachay, Junín / Richard L. Burger
- Paleoindian and archaic cultural periods in the arid and semiarid regions of northern Chile / Lautaro Núñez
- Pachamachay ethnobotanical report, Plant utilization at a hunting base camp ; The origins of plant civilization in South America / Deborah M. Pearsall
- Late preceramic Peru / Jeffrey Quilter
- Tradition summary: Highland Andean Archaic / John Rick, Lawrence Kuznar, and Sarah Berry
- Prehistoric hunters of the high Andes ; The character and context of highland preceramic society / John W. Rick
- Hunters of the dry puna and salt puna in northern Chile / Calogero M. Santoro, Lautaro Núñez
- Environmental history of the Junín plain and the nearby mountains / H.E. Wright, Jr.