DC jazz : stories of jazz music in Washington, DC /
The conventional history of jazz music in the United States begins in New Orleans, moves upstream along the Mississippi River to Chicago, then by rail into New York before exploding across the globe. But in fact the nation's capital has been a fertile city for jazz for a century. Some of the mo...
Washington, DC :
Georgetown University Press,
- "Great Black Music" and the Struggle for Equality in Washington, DC / Maurice Jackson
- Seventh Street : Black DC's Musical Mecca / Blair A. Ruble
- Washington, DC's Duke Ellington / John Edward Hasse
- Bill Brower : Notes from a Key Observer and Scene Maker / Interview by Willard Jenkins
- Jazz Radio in Washington, DC / Rusty Hassan
- Legislating Jazz / Anna Harwell Celenza
- Women and Jazz in Washington, DC / Bridget Arnwine
- Howard University and Jazz in Washington, DC / Lauren Sinclair
- UDC and Jazz / Judith A. Korey
- Researching Jazz History in Washington, DC / Michael Fitzgerald.