Evaluating the impact of prevention and early intervention activities on the mental health of California's population /
In 2004, California voters passed the Mental Health Services Act, which was intended to transform California's community mental health system from a crisis-driven system to one that included a focus on prevention and wellness. The vision was that prevention and early intervention (PEI) services...
|Main Authors:||, , ,|
Santa Monica, CA :
|Series:||Technical report (Rand Corporation)
- Ch. 1. Background
- ch. 2. Goals and approach
- ch. 3. Methods
- ch. 4. Evaluation frameworks
- ch. 5. Data sources and measure specifications
- ch. 6. Analytic approaches to evaluating the impact of prevention and early intervention programs
- ch. 7. Conclusions
- Appendix A. Framework logic models
- Appendix B. Database descriptions
- Appendix C. Measures descriptions
- Appendix D. Technical approach.
- Cover; Title Page; Copyright; Preface; Contents; Summary; Acknowledgments; Abbreviations; I. Background; II. Goals and Approach; III. Methods; Interviewing Key Stakeholders; Developing Frameworks; Identifying Databases; IV. Evaluation Frameworks; Overall Approach Framework; Figure 4.1 An Approach to Understanding the Impact of Statewide Prevention and Early Intervention Funding; Outcome-Specific Frameworks; Figure 4.2 Suicide-Prevention Framework; Figure 4.3 Reduced-Suffering Framework; V. Data Sources and Measures Specifications; VI. Analytic Approaches to Evaluating the Impact of PEI.
- Time-Trend Analysis of Observational Data (Before-and-After Design)Difference-in-Differences Design; Table 6.1 An Illustration of the Difference-in-Differences Design: Suicide Rates (%); Synthetic Control Method; Using Descriptive Statistics for Inference; VII. Conclusions; Usefulness of the Evaluation Framework; Applying the Framework to the Broader Evaluation of the Mental Health Services Act; Data Development; Other Important Evaluation Issues; Next Steps; A. Framework Logic Models; B. Database Descriptions; C. Measures Descriptions; D. Technical Approach.
- Technical Details of a Time-Trend Analysis of Pooled Cross-Sectional DataAnalytic Methods for Longitudinal or Pooled Cross-Sectional Observations with No Baseline; Technical Details of Synthetic Control Design; Limitations; References.