Obama and America's political future. /
Barack Obama's galvanizing victory in 2008, coming amid the greatest economic crisis since the 1930s, opened the door to major reforms. But the president quickly faced skepticism from supporters and fierce opposition from Republicans, who scored sweeping wins in the 2010 midterm election. Here,...
|Other Authors:||, ,|
Harvard Univ Press,
|Series:||Alexis de Tocqueville lectures on American politics.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Obama's New Deal, Tea Party reaction, and America's political future / Theda Skocpol
- 2. A New Deal fantasy meets old political realities / Larry M. Bartels
- 3. Obama's problem: misreading the mandate / Mickey Edwards
- 4. Obama and the challenge of submerged policies / Suzanne Mettler
- 5. Making sense of America's political maelstrom / Theda Skocpol.