Ainu spirits singing : the living world of Chiri Yukie's Ainu shinʼyōshū /
Indigenous peoples throughout the globe are custodians of a unique, priceless, and increasingly imperiled legacy of oral lore. Among them the Ainu, a people native to northeastern Asia, stand out for the exceptional scope and richness of their oral performance traditions. Yet despite this cultural w...
University of Hawaii Press,
- Chiri Yukie and the origins of the Ainu shinʼyōshū
- The living world of the Ainu shinʼyōshū
- The Ainu social landscape
- Weighty animal spirits and important game animals
- Symbolic and ordinary animal spirits
- Chiri Yukie's Ainu shinʼyōshū.