Following sexual abuse : a sociological interpretation of identity re-formation in reflexive therapy /
Sexual abuse is a subject that has received and continues to attract a considerable amount of scholarly attention. However, most studies tend to treat sexual abuse as strictly personal and isolated suffering. Following Sexual Abuse attempts to develop a broader perspective on this important issue vi...
Toronto [Ont.] :
University of Toronto Press,
- 1. Sociologist/Therapist's View 'from inside the Whale'
- 2. Locating the Self: The Language of Survival
- 3. Anguish, Dreams, and Remembering: The Reflexive Process
- 4. From Silence to Narration: Exposing and Interpreting a Fragmented Self
- 5. Private Worlds, Public Worlds, and the Pursuit of Certainty
- Conclusion: Mind, Body, and Society.