Ezra Pound and Confucianism : remaking humanism in the face of modernity /
"In Ezra Pound and Confucianism, Feng Lan offers the first study of Ezra Pound's project of establishing a Confucian humanism as an alternative to Western modernism. Lan shows that when confronted with what appeared to him a dehumanising modern world, Pound discovered in Confucianism possi...
Toronto [Ont.] :
University of Toronto Press,
- Introduction : keeping Confucian "blossoms" from falling
- Five types of "misreading" in Pound's Confucian translations
- Confucianism and Pound's rethinking of language
- Confucianism and Pound's political polemic
- Confucianism and Pound's spiritual beliefs
- Conclusion : Poundian-Confucian humanism at the crossroads.