The politics of multiculturalism : pluralism and citizenship in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia /
Few challenges to the modern dream of democratic citizenship appear greater than the presence of severe ethnic, religious, and linguistic divisions in society. With their diverse religions and ethnic communities, the Southeast Asian countries of Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia have grappled with...
University of Hawai'i Press,
- The culture and practice of pluralism in postcolonial Malaysia / Abdul Rahman Embong
- Social pluralism in Singapore / Chua Beng Huat and Kwok Kian-Woon
- Social resources for civility and participation: the case of Yogyakarta, Indonesia / Mohtar Mase̤d, S. Rizal Panggabean, and Muhammad Najib Azca
- Boundaries and beyond: whither the cultural bases of political community in Malaysia? / Sumit K. Mandal
- Corporate pluralism: Singapore Inc. and the Association of Muslim Professionals / Sharon Siddique
- Where has (ethnic) politics gone? The case of the BN non-Malay politicians and political parties / Francis Loh Kok Wah
- The redefinition of politics and the transformation of Malaysian pluralism / Shamsul A.B.
- What Islam, whose Islam?: Sisters in Islam and the struggle for women's rights / Zainah Anwar
- Gender and pluralism in Indonesia / Siti Ruhaini Dzuhayatin
- Mirroring the past or reflecting the future?: class and religious pluralism in Indonesian labor / Vedi R. Hadiz
- Greens in the rainbow: ethnoreligious issues and the Indonesian armed forces / Hermawan Sulistiyo.