Affirmative aesthetics and wilful women : gender, space and mobility in contemporary cinema /
While the idea of women who stay at home and men who dominate the streets may seem outdated, binary considerations of gender, space, and power still proliferate in contemporary cinema. This open access book adopts a fluid approach to space designed to accommodate wilful, affirmative, and imaginative...
Cham ; Basingstoke :
- 1. Introduction: Affirmative ethics, wilfulness, and affects as forms
- 2. Urban wanderer and wilful performances: Head-on (Gegen die wand)
- 3. Housing wilfulness: Wadjda
- 4. Lived body, affects and cars: Friday night (Vendredi soir)
- 5. Conclusion: Affirmative aesthetics.