Know better, do better : teaching the foundations so every child can read /
"Meredith and David Liben have spent decades transforming education, working first as teachers, then researchers, leaders, and founders of an alternative public elementary school in Harlem. The Libens have been on the front lines of the reading wars since 1994, when the Family Academy's fi...
West Palm Beach, FL :
Learning Sciences International,
- Introduction: a story
- Letter recognition and alphabetic knowledge
- Concepts of print
- Phonological and phonemic awareness
- The case for systematic phonics
- How to teach systematic phonics: a story
- Reading fluency: a story
- Unfinished learning and older students: a story
- Appendix: Programs we recommend.