Why liberalism failed /
"Of the three dominant ideologies of the twentieth century--fascism, communism, and liberalism--only the last remains. This has created a peculiar situation in which liberalism’s proponents tend to forget that it is an ideology and not the natural end-state of human political evolution. As Patr...
New Haven :
Yale University Press,
|Series:||Politics and culture (New Haven, Conn.)
- Foreword / James Davidson Hunter and John M. Owen IV
- Introduction: the end of liberalism
- Unsustainable liberalism
- Uniting individualism and statism
- Liberalism as anticulture
- Technology and the loss of liberty
- Liberalism against liberal arts
- The new aristocracy
- The degradation of citizenship
- Conclusion: liberty after liberalism.